Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Welcome Ms. Allison!!

Well we officially became parents 2 weeks and 6 days ago and every moment has been just amazing.

On Thursday February 25th, at 4:48am, Allison Evelyn Strawbridge changed Zeke and my life forever. She came really fast, I almost didn't make it to the hospital....we walked in the doors at 3:58 and only 50 short minutes later we had a beautiful little girl. Below are the stats:
19" long
7 lbs and 7 oz




The one thing that no one prepared me for was how much I would love her instantly. She has totally stolen both of our hearts and we would pretty much do anything for her. It's so amazing that I have five and a half months to enjoy with her.



By Monday March 1st, she was already up to her birth weight. By that Friday she was already 7 lbs and 10 oz...needless to say, she will be a big girl soon=) She still is wearing Newborn clothing and some of them are still big on her - I know this stage won't last long so I'm trying to enjoy every second having a cute little baby!!

We have been very blessed with a lot of family already come and gone.
Nana and Papa (my parents) have been in town since February 14th and are staying until Good Friday (April 1st). They are renting a very nice house on the lake. It's nice to head out there and enjoy the nice weather (we haven't had that much this year). Papa has been cooking us his "famous" cabin breakfasts and a few dinners as well!



Grandma and Grandpa Strawbridge (Zeke's parents) came down and stayed for a week, the first week of March. They arrived back to IL from their 40th wedding celebration in Hawaii and 24 hours later turned around got in a car and drove the 12 hours to meet their 7th grandchild. It seemed like they got here and it was already time for them to leave. They helped us so much, doing grocery shopping, making some soup for us to freeze (which we have already ate a few times), and helping out with Allison.



The day after Grandma and Grandpa left, Auntie Theresa (my sister) and cousins: Joe and Tommy flew into Charlotte for the week. The boys loved their cousin Allison and were very good around her - both taking turns to hold her. It was very cute to see=)
Uncle Bobby (my brother) and his girlfriend Ronni are coming to Charlotte the last week of March - we are excited to see him!!

Ali is a great baby, we feel very blessed. She is pretty much very happy unless she is hungry or wet (apparently having a diaper full of poop doesn't bother her). She does a great job sleeping and Zeke and I are pretty much sleeping from 11pm till 4 or 5 am. We are tired but it could be much worse. Zeke has been an amazing father and most of the time will hear her get up at night before I do and he will go get her. She has been sleeping in her crib since the day we brought her home from the hospital. We had a harder time with that then she did I think. I know it's a good thing, but if I could I would have her next to me every moment of the day!

Well I told myself that I would do a blog once we had kids - so I hope to post something at least once a week so all our family around the country can see little Allison grow.

3 comments:

  1. I am really so glad you started a blog, this will be a great way to feel connected to the fun happenings of the Strawbridge family. I have been thinking about doing the same thing, so you may have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep lookin if you keep typin! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. Alli is 4 weeks old now. Where is our promised blog per week. I bet she's keeping you too busy. Nicely written Jenelle. Course Skype is better!

    ReplyDelete

Followers